What is the Community of Smalls (CoS)?
It is a consortium of 60+ small to medium-sized companies that meet regularly to have an honest discussion about teaming on upcoming IC bids, proposals and white papers. It was founded on the belief that small companies are energized in this Mission space, and are committed to working cooperatively and want to deliver agile, creative and innovative solutions to the IC. The CoS has top-tier talent to offer the IC, who have proven track records and outstanding reputations in supporting the IC Mission. With the CoS teaming together, the Client can directly access core talent and SME with the CoS better positioned to bring in the right talent at the right price. CoS is a trusted network with interconnected companies and capabilities that supports the IC challenges and needs. It supports local charitable community events in an effort to give back to the local community.
What is the estimated total number of personnel in the CoS?
Roughly 600+ cleared professionals.
When was it founded?
What are the high-level overall capabilities of the CoS?
- Consulting: Business Strategy; Process Improvement (Lean Management and Six Sigma); Financial Management and Cost Recovery Consulting; Working Capital Fund; Cloud Cost Optimization
- Program and Project Management; Requirements Management and Change Management
- Asset and Logistics Management
- Facilities Management
- Systems Development and Configuration; Testing; COTS and custom app implementation and Integration; Agile development and Rapid Prototyping; Automated Software Testing; DevOps; ITIL-Based ITSM
- Systems Integration, Implementation and Support to include: systems design, architecture, and engineering. Cross domain IT systems including mobile software and hardware, enterprise and service-oriented architecture; integration, standardization and consolidation of Systems
- Cloud computing to include cloud migration, architecture, and optimization; native cloud development to include serverless and automation; recognized AWS partner (AWS Government Competency in National Security and Defense, Advanced Tier Consulting Partner and Public Sector Partner, Public Sector and Commercial Reseller)
- Information Security to include Identity and Access Management; Cyber Security and Accreditation
- Data and Reporting; Database and data management design; business intelligence; advanced data analytics; and data science; enterprise data management and warehousing.
How can you become a member of the CoS?
By referral of current CoS members and an informal evaluation. The CoS targets small to medium size companies who are focused on the IC challenges. Normally one or two of the core CoS leadership meets with the proposed CoS company to understand their expectations, intent and focus before adding them to the CoS List.
What is the expectation once I am a member?
Upholding our guiding principles of honesty and integrity in both the spirit and execution of business activities. Participation and contribution to the greater CoS team through a variety of vectors – i.e., hosting a CoS Monthly Meeting; contributing to the monthly discussions with feedback/intel;
Is CoS a legal entity?
No. There is no legal agreement nor any legal structure. It is not a Joint Venture. The CoS is made up of independent companies working cooperatively together to win IC business.